Wednesday, April 25, 2012




MY ONLY MISTAKE WAS BEING ME


Somewhere, someone knows my pain
The sadness that runs through these veins
     I know I’m not the only victim of love
     It’s an endless cycle we can’t break from

Why if love feels so good … hurts so much?
When there’s no one there to share your touch
     A void now left, filled with tears
     And a cry that only I can hear

Why can’t love seem to last?
These chapters of life are turning fast
     These albums reflect a lover’s failure
     And these verses read of sadness,
     upon these papers

Still trying to figure out what’s wrong with me
Why does love have a tendency to up and leave?
     Was I not everything you thought I’d be?
     I guess my only mistake was being me


Copyright (C) Angel Campbell

No comments:

Post a Comment