Monday, January 16, 2012




PAINFUL PORTRAIT

Stripped away tender flesh
To ease the hate inside
Insert the knife, slowly press
Drain away my pride

Forget the pain, I contain
These cuts I can not hide
Still the same…nothings changed
Shameful lips that lie

Arms that shed crimson blood
Release unwanted tears
Deteriorated faith and love
My soul has disappared

A bloody scene within the mirror
A portrait of my life
Why I cut?  It is not clear
My demons won the fight


Copyright (C) Angel Campbell

4 comments:

  1. DANG GIRL...THE MORE OF YOUR WORKS I READ, THE MORE IMPRESSED I AM...I DON'T KNOW WHAT TO SAY...OH WELL...GOOD, GREAT, KEEP IT UP? T/O/F/S

    ReplyDelete
  2. A powerful; honest and beautifully descriptive piece of poetry Angel, wow!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you everyone!! .. I am always hesitant to post poems of such a deep topic that reflects the more painful side of life. But I have to remind myself that I am not the only one going thru this. Thank you so much for ur support and takin the time to read my poetry!! .. It means the world to me!!

    ReplyDelete